Monday, July 16, 2007

Hi guys -- I'm back and the trip was mad scathing fun! Highlights:

Mykonos -- Warm, golden light, delicious food, busy town, turquois water. Also visited island of Delos -- amazing ruins still being excavated dating from 800 B.C.

Athens -- Awe-inspiring Acropolis -- Parthenon, stadiums, temples. Very crowded city -- mostly cubist modern buildings co-exiting with ancient ruins.

Cruised thru strait of Ithaca...mountainous, gorgeous, I understand Odysseus better now! Boat is spec-freakin-tacular. Love this beachy, yet academic, trip!

Croatia -- Split = Pretty port city! Did a historical tour, and shopped my brains out.

Venice -- I love this city! St Mark's Basilica, water everywhere, architecture is so elaborate -- Byzantine/Gothic blend. People are awesome. Was here for a Venetian festival celebrating the building of the Church of Redemption in the 1500's after black plague was subsiding. Saw fireworks and lots of Italians dancing in the streets. Mad dance skills!

I ate a lot of good food for the whole trip. I still dream about that... :-)

3 comments:

Chiv said...

Welcome back. The trip sounds like everything went well. Let's get some italian food soon, and bring the pictures!!!!!

Chiv said...

Yay! You're back.... Don't forget about that Greek restaurant in Plano, that's a good one too. I also insist on seeing the pics!!

journeyinfinite said...

Yum...let's go to both of those :-D I have pics on Snapfish (I'll email link) and some on MySpace. I am going to print some out soon, too.