Thursday, July 19, 2007

Think with the senses, feel with the mind...

When I was in Venice, there was an art show with the above title. I love that concept, and I realize that I do tend to follow that drift. It doesn't necessarily have to apply to all aspects of one's life -- there are certainly elements of one's workday that wouldn't be compatible with all that artsy smartsy daydreamy stuff. But when my mind drifts freely, it's kind of nice to float more, steer less...

So being said artsy nerd, I wrote some poetry about it :-)

All the while
Looking for something to take you back.
Something out of your reach.
Leaving you from the corner of your eye.

See the outsider.
But that stranger is familiar.
How could you let the connection pass you by?
Can you tell me why?

When you nearly have the correlation
It slips right away from your mind
And timing is off, and things go chaotic
But I know who's in there behind those eyes.

There can never be an ending --
Everyone is endless like the sky.

Awake and discern the sensation
Of your cells dividing
In time with the universe expanding
Can you feel it?
Would you dare to understand why?


2 comments:

ariellynn said...

mrs.branson!
wow! i miss your
class and youuu!
haha i still have the
pic of you playing DDR!
fun timess!
i hopee your summer is going
good :]!!

-->Ariel Schuler

journeyinfinite said...

Ariel! Yay! It's so cool to hear from you!
Are you back in Cali? How is everything going?
I, too, still have the pic of me playing DDR...mad skills, man.... :-P
Summer is awesome! I've been traveling, spending time with some fam and friends.
I actually have a week-long AP workshop for teachers next week. A friend of mine is going as well and she is about as mellow (um,no ;-)as I am so I am anticipating some awesomeness. We went to grad school together and profs love us. Hehe :-)
--B