Thursday, June 05, 2008

"Friendship is when people know you well -- but like you anyway" :-)

This post is dedicated to my friend, Kelli, who is leaving to be with her Viking in Daneland.
<-- Dig the Danish flag flower!

She is not really leaving me, tho, because her inspiration and influence lies in my heart.

Kelli has inspired me to be the best human being I can be each day. And she does not know this, but many times when I need to find an answer, the thought that runs through my mind is -- "How would Kelli handle this?"

Okay, before I get too mushy and start to think about making "WWKD" bracelets; let me just say -- thank you, Kelli, for always listening to me, "getting" the way I think and all the quirks that go along with that, and having such a huge heart -- you always put others before yourself.

So now it is nearly time for you to go off and inspire and influence others around the world!

3 comments:

MoMo 2.0 said...

This post will be imprinted on my heart forever. Jenny Beck, you are many things to me.... my forever friend, one of the most passionate educators I have ever met and the person who made my child get excited about literature because she daily saw how excited you were about it....

You and Dave are very special to me and Mads and I know our friendship is going to last for many many years... we are bonded for life.

Mads Nørgaard said...

These are pretty amazing words you write about Kelli and I know exactly what you are talking about. "Hun er en ener" as we say here in Denmark. She is one of a kind and I feel absolutly blest having her in my life too. Sometimes I have to pinch myself in my arm to make sure that this is not a wonderful dream, but insted she is a wonderful and amazing reality. I can't wait to see both you and Dave next week and then let us try and find a time for you guys coming to Denmark to visit us. Love, Mads

journeyinfinite said...

:-D See you guys Thursday, and then...one day in Denmark!