Monday, November 12, 2007

I only have time to read before bed, and...

I am reading two most excellent books! May I recommend...


I Am America (And So Can You) by Stephen Colbert. No one can deadpan satire like Colbert. No one. It's so very campy in its right-wing earnestness -- much like his show, but with no pesky censorship. A wild ride on the pseudo-conservative side...

Nature Girl by Carl Hiaasen
My first book by Hiaasen. He's like Chris Moore, but with the over-zealous, adventuresome backbone of Tim Sandlin. Simply blend the quirk of the two, shake, strain, add an olive, and enjoy... exquisitely funny and bizarre!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Carl Hiaasen was one of Raymond's favorites. You might try a Dorsey book once you have finished up with Hiaasen.

Have a great holiday.

C

journeyinfinite said...

Thanks for the Dorsey recommendation!!!