Thursday, November 29, 2007


This TV writer strike...

OMG it's got to end soon. If I don't get a The Daily Show, The Colbert Report or Real Time with Bill Maher fix soon, I am going to have a grand mal knicker twist, subsequently complicated by random lashings-out.

I barely like TV, but damn, I miss shows that make me think, burning with satire that can be so ironic as to be disconcerting.

The complication of THE MAN needing to figure out what it owes TV writers for Internet download profits surely can't be that complex as to warrant the strike lingering for so long...can it? I mean, I'm not mathy and all...but still.

I fear more things lame and reality-driven, like, say, Are You Smarter Than Cheese? are going to be aired if this strike doesn't resolve soon.

5 comments:

HOLMES said...

I'm with you, sister. I need satirical news shows so I can make sense of what I read.

I applaud the writers for standing up for the value of their work, though: those shows would be NOTHING without brilliant writing.

I suspect Maher's show was already at the end of its fall season, though... he typically is on hiatus from now until spring... so hopefully none of HIS writers will be affected.

I'd watch "Are You Smarter Than Cheese?" LOL

Chiv said...

I'd watch a celebrity deathmatch of the winners from Are You Smarter Than Cheese? and the cast of The Hills. I'm not sure who I'd vote for (maybe just utter annihilition of the stadium)

journeyinfinite said...

I AM Tivo-ing less and doing more b/c of the writer's strike. And I finally rented 300 and loved it... "TONIGHT, WE DINE IN HELL.. AND NO TIVO!!!

Harrison M. said...

Host: Alright, I'm going to ask a question, and one of you has to buzz in. Now...get ready to play...ARE YOU SMARTER THAN CHEESE?

First question: What state was Abraham Lincoln born in?

(silence)

Contestant: *nom nom nom*

Host: Contestant #1, please stop eating your opponent.

journeyinfinite said...

Hahahaaa...Edgy! And now...Act II...

Contestant #1: *Swallow* Why?

Host: Because of the distinct advantage of embedded combat now given to your opponent.

Contestant #1: Meh.

Cheese : (from within Contestant #1) CURRRDLE GRUMMMBLE!!!

Host: Cleanup…aisle one.