Sunday, January 06, 2008


Pop culture things that should go away in 2008, but indubidently won't...
***Just my list -- feel free to hate on it or add to it
:-P


Reality "stars" -- they are obsessed over, but famous for doing nothing. The ones that learned to dance can perhaps be spared, but implored to dance off camera; and the "stars" who are famous for eating various meats made of naughty bits need to die. Immediately. No offense.

Chick flicks -- I think the genre has peaked. Give me a scenario that hasn't been done, and I bet it's not a chick flick.

Anything Emo -- crying, poetry of misery, and all black all the time -- are all over-rated and have been played out. Time to find a new way display your individuality so as to be recognized as part of the rebellious group you are part of. Yeah.

Flat-ironing hair -- viva la curl/wave! Just don't bring back perms...no one wants to handle that mess.

Something that should definitely STAY is the most excellent band -- The Films :-D I updated my vid. with their fabulousness known as "Black Shoes"...


4 comments:

Chiv said...

hahahahahahaha - "must die - immediately - no offense"! You so crazy :)

HOLMES said...

I underscore everything on your list and add:

Commercials that feature talking/singing animals must be done away with. This does not make me want to buy whatever is being peddled. It makes me think I've accidentally taken a Quaalude.

Radio station announcers/disc jockeys must cease all conversation once a song starts playing. They must not resume the conversation until the song ends. They are not allowed to talk AT ALL from 5am-8am; music only! I need tunes when I wake up, not some call-in trivia contest!

Mexicans: you can still put your last name across the back windshield of your truck, but you have to pick a different font. Goth is so 2007.

Magazine publishers must either reduce the amount of advertising in their magazines by 75% or provide me with a tote bag to haul the magazine in. 'Cause all those perfume samples and pictures of coked-out models make magazines weigh about ten pounds apiece, and for no good reason.

And finally....

Fat and sugar must be returned to all food products. No replacements and no substitutes. I'd rather eat pure hog-jowled, cattle-hooved lard than high-fructose corn syrup, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, monosodium glutamate, or Yellow # 5 (lake).

Thank you.

journeyinfinite said...

Holmesie -- you are freakin' fall on the floor bloody hilarious...OMG...

What the hell is that (lake) stuff anyway? I've seen it before and was like, "Are the parenthesis code for something?" Let's see -- maybe an acronym -- "Like A Killer Enrichment"? or "Look A Kibble Exploded"?

HOLMES said...

I consulted Wikipedia, the Repository Of All Knowledge about what "lake" is.

Apparently, it is "a pigment manufactured by precipitating a dye with an inert binder, usually a metallic salt".

Even more disturbing:

"Many lake pigments are fugitive, because the dyes involved are unstable when exposed to light".

Fugitive? Wow. Talk about an extremely literal use of the word.

I don't remember Harrison Ford scurrying away like a cockroach whenever he was exposed to light in The Fugitive.

I think we should scream, "FUGITIVES!!!" at the cockroaches when we see them in our rooms from now on. Can't you just see them putting one of their legs on the side of their exoskeleton, cocking their antennaed head and being all, "WTF?"