Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Yay -- a new theory!

Scott Adams has a new theory -- it asserts that you can train yourself to get in the mood to do something based on the footwear you put on.

His examples -- tennis shoes get him in the mood to work out, work shoes = hit the office, and tuxedo shoes = dancing.

He admits the Pavlovian undertones, and since he thinks we are all moist robots anyway, he's fine with that.

Shoes I'd like to train myself to react to:

Gladiator sandals -- aerial leaps full of gleeful warrior spear thrusting

Hermes' winged sandals -- flying and summering throughout Europe, hanging with the Mount Olympus crew, delivering unsavory messages

Aquaman Sea Booties -- strolling thru underwater metropolises, fighting deep-sea crime with magnificent sea creatures

However, I take issue with this theory being workable with pointe shoes. As a ballet class rebel myself -- I defy anyone to defend that pointe shoes make you want to dance en pointe and don't simply hurt the (insert noun of preference here) out of your feet.

My other selections are quite of interest, however :-)

2 comments:

Chiv said...

Your first 3 selections are deceivingly random. They look like the workings of the common insane mind but actually form the triple threat of earth, air and water footwear world dominion I'm onto you, Journey. MWAAAA HAAAA HAAAAAA!

journeyinfinite said...

Shhh... ;-P