Thursday, March 06, 2008

I saw this item in a supermarket -- it appears to contain part peanut butter, part jelly, all in a neatly folded doughy confection of childhood sadness.

Not to get too existential about it -- but how can this discus of a sandwich claim to be "uncrustable"? Wouldn't the edge of that rim-ridgy thing of crushed "bread" count as a crust?


Being that I don't feel that it is ethical to speak of the processed "foodstuffs" used in creating this pocket of dubious edibility without liberal use of quotation marks -- I doubt I'll be scarfing one of these down anytime soon...

RANDOM ART ALERT:
*+*+ ======O *+*+*
Snowflakes and Airborne Snowball

5 comments:

Chiv said...

Rename Game: UnCrustables =

"UnTrustables"

"BurpUpables"

"UpChuckables"

Chiv said...

Your childhood called and it wants its wheat bread back.

HOLMES said...

Do you remember when the power went out at school like, 3 years ago and it was around lunchtime, and the cafeteria ladies couldn't fix lunch and so the kids had to eat Uncrustables and an apple? The power was out for an hour and a half.

Every time I see these I think about that day. So gross.

journeyinfinite said...

Hahahaha -- Leo and Chiv!

Holmesie -- I do remember that power outage b/c my classroom at the time had no window and we were pitched into instant stark, raving darkness. It was kind of psychotic -- tho' not as traumatic as being stuck in the dark with an Uncrustable, I'd imagine. No one wants to go to that bad place...

Kelli Nørgaard said...

omg, I was about to get on here and post the EXACT same memory that Holmes did...too funny!

that was for the kids who are juniors now because that was Jess´class and I remember ordering her a pizza instead...lol.