Saturday, March 22, 2008

Peeps - snack AND a tour de force of delicious, delightful, sugar art delirium...

Okay -- straight from the hip -- I like marshmallow Peeps a little bit. They are
such junk food, but some combination of the weird sugar-crystal-marshmallow-chewy-gooey texture and flavor almost DARES you to like them because they are so non-nutritive. And food coloring is gross, but somehow acceptable for Easter. So as you can see, I haven't resolved why I like them -- maybe it's the exquisitely disgusting "How-Many-Peeps Can-You-Fit-In-Your-Mouth Game"? Good times...

Well, in a tribute to all things Peeps, there are now diorama art contests featuring the sugary creatures:
Peeps Show II

4 comments:

HOLMES said...

I love the one at the strip club.

And, I am totally with you about the puzzling allure of these things. They are pretty fun to microwave... they explode!

Maybe one day I can make some Rice Krispie treats with Peeps mixed in. Yum?

journeyinfinite said...

I vote "YUM"! Adventuresome Rice Krispie treat recipes intrigue me.

I had some of your Krispie treats Fri. night and they were absolutely delicioso, as usual!

Chiv said...

I saw peeps this year that were brown and labeled as cocoa flavor. And I saw peeps that were the orange-red hue of peeps aflame but were not labeled any particular flavor.

Chiv said...

Chipotle red pepper? :P