Monday, April 16, 2007

Blink*Tear*Blink...

Actually, I am not about to emote something profound about some crime against humanity, but I did have eyelid surgery today. Yeah.

I had a duct in my eyelid that didn't heal properly from a stye, and was forming scar tissue...and well...there you go.

The Dr. was amazingly gentle and put up with me quite well. I'm a bit of a baby, but at least I know I'm a baby, and I try to be sweet and apologetic about my baby anxieties.

So he does his thing -- that's as far as I'll explain... and I did feel amazing relief when I knew it was over because my olfactory sense knew -- he had to cauterize the incision.

Needless to say -- my eyelid had been pumped full of anesthesia. My eyelid is very droopy now and hard to open. It's quite bruised and swollen and it looks like I need the help of some protective agency, but I feel pretty okay.

The anesthesia is wearing off a bit tho, and my eye kind of aches...but they said no patch. Dang! What self-respecting rabble-rousing girl doesn't want a patch after all this?!? Nothing says, "Don't you be playin' with this crazy mess" better than an eye patch
;-D <---squinty one-eyed me

3 comments:

Chiv said...

if i try to 3 stooges eye pop you from the side, does this mean you can't see me coming? feel better :)

Chiv said...

Eye yi yi (since you like The Gods Must be Crazy).

journeyinfinite said...

Doing better now, thx, yo :-)