Friday, April 27, 2007

How important is sleep?

I almost never get enough sleep. If 7-8 hours a night is normal, then I am, um, not exactly an achiever. Everyone acknowledges the whole "busy" thing...we are all so busy and our world is complicated, and there are always issues that had to be solved yesterday that are still in the proverbial in-box.

Many times I can't shut the thought process down, tho. I just have thought after thought of things going on like some chain-link, free-for-all rumination of my work, or the world, or the universe, or whatever. I haven't resorted to trying to slap myself out of it, or unconscious (whichever comes first) -- since even tho I am quite durable, I do bruise and all :-P I won't do the prescription sleep-aid deal because then I'll obsess over becoming addicted. Besides, I shun lab-made chemicals running through my body. Unnatural chemicals = unnatural side effects -- and nobody wants an eyeful there.

However, when I do get enough sleep, it does feel amazing. It's like being kicked into turbo. And who doesn't love that? :-D

1 comment:

Chiv said...

I heart warm milk before bed!!!!!! Helps you to literally sleep like a baby.