Thursday, February 21, 2008

Owning it...

I was in the middle of doing fifteen things at work today, and my mind was contemplating about five hundred more as I was rushing around kind of mumbling to myself.

A co-worker cruised by, and was all, "Hey, what's going on?"


So I went, "Oh, just hanging around being weird."

We laughed, but I was thinking, "I think I kind of do hang around being weird rather often."

Here is Merriam Webster's definition of "weird".
1 : of, relating to, or caused by witchcraft or the supernatural : magical
2 : of strange or extraordinary character : odd, fantastic

Now -- the behavioral analysis part!

Witchcraft -- Wicca is cool, but not really my passion -- moving on --

Supernatural -- since science cannot completely explain all things natural, including me or you, I think humans can be termed supernatural in an abstract context.


Magical -- I just like that one.


Strange -- well, who isn't? Some of us more than others; but plain and boring never won anybody a Nobel prize or anything.


Extraordinary -- yes, please.

Odd, fantastic -- I'm putting these in "Strange's" file. Normalcy has its appropriate moments -- but being fantastic -- those are the moments everyone remembers.

So let that cosmic stream flow :-D


(While you're at it, check out the new Switches vid I posted!)


5 comments:

Chiv said...

People who aren't weird are weird. :P

Chiv said...

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson

journeyinfinite said...

Agreed! Both counts ;-D

MoMo 2.0 said...

Your uniqueness is the most refreshing trait a person could have... I will miss being a part of that on a daily basis. If every educator had half the energy and passion and "weird" that you have, we could REVOLUTIONALIZE education!

journeyinfinite said...

Kelli...Awwwah! I miss you already!!! You support all the crazy, weird, and wonderful foundations that LFC was built upon. You understand that freshmen ARE crazy, weird, and wonderful! You reach out kids/teachers/people like no one I've known. AND you are a compassionate, kind, fun friend -- the bombiest!